July 2019 Events at CMC
Conway Medical Center hosts a variety of events monthly including blood drives, CMC auxiliary events, educational seminars, and much more. The following are the events planned for June 2019. Click here to learn more and to register for specific events.
- BirthPlace Tours are held every Sunday at 2 p.m. and are conducted by dedicated staff; registration is requested if at all possible. Your family is welcome to attend with you and see firsthand what we have to offer! Contact Number- 843-347-5857
- Breastfeeding Classes – July 9, 7-9 p.m. Breastfeeding classes are held monthly in Private Dining Room #1 located in Conway Medical Center and are free of charge. Taught by a registered nurse who is also a Lactation Consultant, classes are open to those expecting as well as those who have already delivered their baby. Babies and a partner are welcome to attend! Contact Number- 843-347-5857
- Breast Cancer Support Group – July 9, 5:30 p.m. held at Conway Medical Center in Private Dining Room #1. Contact Number- 843-234-7309
- Childbirth Class– July 13, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Conway Medical Center holds free childbirth classes every month on specific Saturdays. You should begin your childbirth classes during your 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. Class content will include anatomy/physiology, stages of labor, pain management, postpartum care, breastfeeding, and newborn topics. Contact Number- 843-347-5857
- Clases de Lactancia Materna en español– July 9, 7-9 p.m. Todas las clases se llevan a cabo mensualmente de 7pm a 9pm en el comedor privado #2 ubicado en el hospital y son gratuitas. Por favor llame o registrase a continación para reservar su espacio hoy. Enseñado por una enfermera registrada que también es Consultor en Lactancia. Las clases están abiertas tanto a las que están embarazadas como a las que ya han dado a luz. ¡Los bebes y un compañero son bienvenidos a asistir! Para inscribirse en las clases de lactancia, llene el siguiente formularion a continuación. Tenga en cuenta que las clases se llevan a cabo en el comedor privado #1 al lado de la cafetería de CMC.
- CMC Auxiliary Gently Used Purse Sale – July 12, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. in Conway Medical Center private dining rooms. An assortment of gently used purses, jewelry, wallets and scarves will be available for purchase. Contact number 843-347-8341
- Diabetes Support Group– July 22, 6 p.m. Diabetes and Kidney Health presented by Rachel Gasque, APRN, Coastal Kidney Center. Held in Rehabilitation Services Building in classrooms B and C. Contact Number 843-347-8013
- Joint Replacement Seminar – July 10, 11:30 a.m. Join us for a free seminar on the latest advances in joint replacement including the anterior approach to hip replacement. Fellowship trained surgeons will discuss treatment options as well as answer any questions you may have. A complimentary lunch will be served. Presented by Dr. Tyler Noble in the CMC Auditorium. Contact Number- 843-347-5857
- Spine Pain Seminar– July 12, 12 p.m. This informational seminar will cover understanding back and neck pain and learning about relief options. A complimentary meal will be served. Presented by Dr. Erkan Alci at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number- 843-347-5857
- Weight Loss Surgery Seminar – July 11, 7 p.m. Zaher Nuwayhid will be discussing the weight loss surgery procedures available at Conway Medical Center, the personalized care he gives his patients, and other information you will need to make informed decisions about your weight loss journey. An information packet will be provided with a guide on how to proceed. Please call 843-347-5857 to register for this free seminar.